Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A so so Secret Recipe..

It was my mom's birthday last January 26 and i wasn't able to buy a present for her days before because i was busy with a lot of things (nah! what an excuse..) But anyway, that afternoon i decided to go out and buy something for my beloved mom. I went to Shangri-la Plaza in Mandaluyong to look for a perfect give that would fit my budget.

Around 5:30 PM when i got there, i quickly moved so i would be able to find that perfect gift for her. So.....after an hour for looking around at Rustan's, exhausted and with feet aching i started to feel that i need to eat. I then, thought of eating at Wham's Burger (i love burgers by the way). But while walking towards the food chain (2nd to the last level of the mall if i'm correct), a restaurant caught my attention and so i changed my mind.
I started looking at their menu outside the restaurant then all of a sudden found myself seating on one of their pretty comfortable couches.

The Secret Recipe, a restaurant which caters to people who has cravings for Asian fusion cuisine. Basically, the interior was very great! Free wi-fi is a plus plus for me!





The menu...there's a wide selection of Asian Fusion Cuisine, cakes and beverages from juices, shakes and coffee. But to my surprise, it is a bit pricey!




Time to dig in..


Mee Gureng, a Malay inspired noodle dish, simple but surprisingly satisfying (P280). My take on their best selling noodle dish as per the waiter, it was just a so so noodle dish, the taste was a bit spicy (a tolerable one!) Serving size was big enough, it has shrimp, squid on it. Mee Gureng is like a yakisoba, so you get what i mean?? The only difference is it has tomato sauce, i think and it's spicy!



I also tried Noodle in Tom Yang Kung (P280), flat rice noodles in our very famous spicy tom yang soup with kung prawns. The soup was great, noodles were cooked perfectly but still spicy. So if you are not a big fan of spicy edibles so go for this one. It has two big prawns in it! Just like any other tom yang soup.



The last but definitely not the least, Watermelon Juice(P90). A freshly squeezed watermelon over ice. Nice treat! I loved it!

Overall damage, P650 without service charge. And my overall rating, 3.5 out of 5. The restaurant is very cozy, a so so taste of the offering and a bit pricey. Next time i wanna try their cakes and coffee concoction.

No comments: