Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keema Keema!

On a Friday night, the most that you want to do is to chill! It is the last work week day and we want to unwind and just relax or hype up with your good buds! That's what I did last Friday. It's a booze night for me and my drinking buds!
There is this place that's been gaining its popularity now. A complex that consists of bars which offer good food, bar chow, alcoholic drinks and good music! We were supposed to drink at this bar (CENTRAL) our favorite but what the heck! The place is jam-packed! What the hell was I thinking, it is Friday night! So we walked around and found this place called Keema Keema...
Keema Keema is an open air drinking place, as the name suggests it is themed as Persian style. One will not notice that it is Persian themed bar since it is not visible with their interiors. But once you gaze upon their menu you will find out that it is a Persian themed bar.
We were seated at a corner since that was the only table available. I started looking at their menu and found an interesting drink by the pitcher; Fruit flavored Gin with your choice of lemon, apple, grapes, pineapple and orange and pomelo. One pitcher is P120 but they have a deal for P150 they will add a bar chow, your choice either garlic mushrooms, Persian nachos, tofu, or nuts. I did choose garlic mushrooms. The drinks came, I chose apple flavored gin. At first, I was skeptical what the taste will be but I had a chance to taste the garlic mushroom first and quite frankly I didn’t like it. Mushroom was not cook properly so it tasted like a bit raw and it garlic was not prominent as I dig into it. Next stop, I had a shot of the drink, ohhhh !!!!! There was a kick, a kick like I drunk a cough syrup! Yeah, it tasted like a cough syrup! I was so disappointed! I also had a chance to taste their Beef Shawarma (P80), pita bread wrapped with beef, tomatoes, inions, cucumber topped with garlic sauce. I was kind of frustrated because it was served cold even the pita bread! The beef was fine; it was tasty but a bit chewy. The moment we were able to try these, we were regretting why we went to this place…


Gin flavored apple (P120)



garlic mushroom (P65)


I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I ordered a Persian nachos (P65), hhhhmmmm something new as the name suggest. To my dismay, the food arrived! 10-piece pita bread cut into triangle shape topped with tomatoes and in the middle ground pork. What kind of nachos is this? Yeah, Persian nachos! I tried a couple of it, oooppppsss! I don’t like it! The ground pork doesn’t even have a taste I did put some of the garlic sauce but it didn’t help at all. So I stopped eating it! Lastly, I ordered grilled hotdog (P22). The moment I tasted it, I freaked out!!! It’s not even pure foods TJ nor Swift! I was so disgusted with all of these; we just forced ourselves to finish the entire pitcher and paid the bill.

Persian Nachos (P65)




I was tipsy because I’m not a gin drinker but I wish I got drunk so ill forget that we were once in this place that offers nothing but a mess. Perhaps if I would have tried their buckets of beer with a cigarette as my beer match I would have enjoyed but past is past. I will just forget that there is this bar called Keema Keema!
The total amount I spent P409 and the rating .1 out 5. Do I need to explain why?? I guess not! So i ended up going home early and had a busted Friday night, laughs!

No comments: